Wednesday, May 12, 2004

"What am I doing here ?"
I often ask myself this question - Why am I here? There may be many answers but the ultimate motto is to make more money. But I was getting more than enough salary in my previous job. I liked my job. I had a good name and reputation. Why did I leave everything to come here? I have taken risks - I may not like my new job, I may not shine in my new job, etc etc. I don't want to term 15 lakhs as risk. It is worthy.

Am I greedy? When I was getting enough salary, why do I want to make more money? Will I be satisfied with the salary I get after ISB or would I wish to get more?

With these type of questions boggling me, I am going through the course. I don't get any free time. I have unplugged the TV wire to resist my temptation. I avoid chatting. I avoid wasting time. But still I am occupied till 10:00 PM and in some days even 12:00 AM. I don't agree with students sleeping at 1:00 or 2:00 AM. They might be wasting time in the evenings. I get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.( In the first few weeks I was sleeping for 10 hours :) )

Ok. I am studying daily. But does it reflect in the grades ? Not exactly. Studying just gives a mental satisfaction that I am doing whatever I can and am not wasting 15 lakhs.

So I am pushing myself hard just to have a mental satisfaction. I don't know whether this learning would make me a better person ...Just I hope ... And what about grades ? Lets wait for two more weeks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment